Reading well by third grade is one of many developmental milestones in a child’s educational experience. Providing quality curriculum, instruction and assessments is the foundation for developing comprehensive systems of support for all learners. Literacy is the cornerstone of all learning. In each subject area, the ability to read and produce written material is of the highest importance. Supporting the development of capable readers at every level is our goal as educators, parents, and as a community. In order to ensure that all students are reading well by the end of third grade, curriculum, instruction, and assessment need to be aligned with current research-based practices. To read North Branch Area Public Schools' Local Literacy Plan please click the link below.
Serves as a sounding board for the community, gains knowledge on the district’s curriculum and instruction efforts, and influences change for students of North Branch Area Public Schools through:
1. Reviewing curriculum, instructional and assessment programs through a preK-16 lens;
2. Providing information regarding program improvements to schools, departments and NBAPS community members;
3. Providing opportunities for input and feedback from schools, departments, citizens.
The World’s Best Workforce Plan (state statute, section 120B.11) is a comprehensive, long-term strategic plan to support and improve teaching and learning with the ultimate goal of creating the world’s best workforce. It is intended to serve as a foundational document that aligns educational initiatives that serve students pre-k through high school. It is based on five goals:
1. All students will come to school ready for kindergarten;
2. The achievement gap will be closed;
3. All students in third grade will achieve grade level literacy;
4. All students will attain career and college readiness before graduating from high school;
5. All students will graduate from high school.
NBAPS’s World’s Best Workforce Plan serves as a blueprint that demonstrates how current school district initiatives and plans work together in a concerted effort to create a quality workforce equipped with the necessary skills for the 21st century.