The goal of the Staff Development program is to increase student learning and achievement. Research proves that students learn best from teachers and staff members who have the necessary knowledge and skills to meet the needs of their students. Working for North Branch Public Schools has to be as much about learning as it is about teaching. Teachers and staff members must have time to learn together and support each other in their learning. In order to be effective, schools must focus their efforts around common goals for student success. (2021-22 Staff Development Plan, page 3)
Professional development coordination is the responsibility of District Staff Development Coordinator
Certified Teacher License Renewal Information
Keep Certified https://
keepcertified.sourcewelltech. org/ is a database we use to record professional development training you receive through North Branch Area Public Schools.
Here is a short tutorial on how to access and use Keep Certified: NBAPS Keep Certified
How to renew my License
Licensure Sites - Continuing Education opportunities
Below are possible sources of continuing education credit.
- Hamline University's Center for Excellence in Urban Teaching
- Licensing requirements and renewal
Get answers to your questions and renew your license via the Professional Educator Licensing Standards Board (PELSB).
- Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health
- Professional Education Pal courses
- Professional Learning Board
- South of the River Learning Academy
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota relicensure seminars
- SPFE Teaching and Learning Center