The World’s Best Workforce Plan (state statute, section 120B.11) is a comprehensive, long-term strategic plan to support and improve teaching and learning with the ultimate goal of creating the world’s best workforce. It is intended to serve as a foundational document that aligns educational initiatives that serve students pre-k through high school. It is based on five goals:
1. All students will come to school ready for kindergarten;
2. The achievement gap will be closed;
3. All students in third grade will achieve grade level literacy;
4. All students will attain career and college readiness before graduating from high school;
5. All students will graduate from high school.
NBAPS’s World’s Best Workforce Plan serves as a blueprint that demonstrates how current school district initiatives and plans work together in a concerted effort to create a quality workforce equipped with the necessary skills for the 21st century.